Old March 20th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Calif. City Bans Smoking in Public Places

On 2006-03-20, CatNipped penned:

Researchers have found that it doesn't matter how much you smoke
(except that it increases your chances), it only takes one time for
the chemicals in smoke or second-hand smoke to mutate a gene that
causes lung cancer.

http://www.med.nyu.edu/communications/news/pr_09.html

That being the case, even a whiff of smoke could be deadly.

If that's true, we've all already rolled the dice. We just won't know
what numbers we got until later in life.

I can't imagine a ban on all smoking being even remotely enforcable.
I mean, *no one* smokes pot anymore, right?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully