Old March 20th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Calif. City Bans Smoking in Public Places

wrote:

Another aspect that I find peculiar are the employers who forbid
employees to smoke, period. Even away from work.

That part would be a bit difficult to enforce, IMO! I think
nearly everyone who works in a smoke-free environment
appreciates it (even the smokers, who don't really seem to
mind "taking their butts outside"). I personally would have
no objection to a smoke-free apartment building, and usually
request a non-smoking hotel room when I travel. However,
trying to regulate an employee's home life is just a bit too
fascistic for me! Even though I don't smoke, I figure what
I do in my spare time is no concern of my employer, so long
as it doesn't affect my work.