Old July 6th 04, 05:59 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:33:51 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

A bad practice. There is a reason they put dates on cans and packages. I
certainly wouldn't donate outdated packages of cat food to a shelter as I'd
hate to be responsible for causing illness for the felines.

I ALWAYS check cans to see that they have no bulges or leaks. If
there is any doubt, I throw it out. I don't store large amounts, so
if one should be outdated, it is probably by months and not
years.Packaged goods are also safe beyond expiration date, although
they probably lack some quality.