Old May 24th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

Default Back Legs Giving Out

Thank you both for your responses.

Mary - When she called the vet this morning (she takes her kitty to the
Humane Society) she was just told that the blood and stool sample showed that
his diabetes has not flared up and they were waiting for the results of other
tests (what those are, I don't know). I will have her call tomorrow and ask
if they are running kidney tests.

Narnia - Thank you for the websites! I will give them to her tomorrow. The
neuopathy does sound like what she was explaining to me but would that have
showed up when they tested him to see if his diabetes had flared up (they
said that he was fine in that department) or is there a seperate test for
that? Would that also cause the diarhhea he is experiencing?

Thanks again guys!

~ narnia ~ wrote:
My friend's 7 year old cat has diabetes. In the past two weeks, he has been
having on and off again diarhhea and his back legs give out on him. She

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
results (she is always trying to get a urine sample from him), does anyone
have any idea what this could be?

This is diabetic neuropathy. The wiki of the Feline Diabetes website
has an explanation he

http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Neuropathy

I highly recommend this site to your friend. The people who post on
the forum are very knowledgable and it's a great support group:

http://felinediabetes.com/

~ narnia ~