Old May 28th 12, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

Default horrible yowling outside

i didn't even consider how it would traumatize him, and that is why you are
such a good catmom, you know his tolerances... and maybe he did read that
card about the TED and thats why he ran... never underestimate them, Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
If Boyfie was a ordinary confident cat, I would have done, but I know him
so well. When he has had a fright like that he is so scared that he will
not even trust *me*, who he really loves and I cannot get near him, he is
in a panic and just runs from me so it's best to leave him alone until he
has calmed down. He seemed fine this morning but when I tried to check
him over when he was lying on his duvet in his bedroom he ran from me.
That's because contact has to be on his own terms and more to the point, I
try to let his bedroom be his refuge and the only time I have disturbed
him there is when he has to go to to TED for his yearly jabs. Little does
he know I just had a card in the post to say it's time for them again..

Tweed

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
tweed i am probably too late for this, but one of the advantages of
checking sooner rather than later is often you can feel the other cat's
spit and then you know where to watch the closest, i didn't check the
time on this thread but for future reference check a s soon as you can
before he washes up if possible, Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Like a cat fight. I was fairly sure Boyfie was in, as he was an hour
ago,
but it's hot and the door is open.
I rushed out to make sure it was not him. It was.
He does not like to fight, and he came hurtling in when I opened the
front
door, as it was happening on the front. He rarely goes out on "the
front"
which is where the road is.
Anyway he must have done, and somecat jumped on him. He's a bit
shocked.
I tell him always to go out the back where there are nice acres to
roam in.
Never go out the front, although a car an hour would be unlikely.

I don't know if he's been bitten by this cat, or even if the fight
was his
fault.
I want to say it isn't his fault, but who knows if they are enemies
in what
is my garden and what is his its nothing to do with our boundaries.

I hope he's OK! Will he let you check him over for bites?

Yes, probably, I will wait until tomorrow. He's gone to his bedroom and
I will leave him there. He is not a fighter and he is shocked, let him
sleep to get over it.
He's like me. We want a quiet life.