Old June 7th 12, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default Oh oh, Espy has blue things in his ear

dgk wrote:
He's had some sort of stuff in his left ear before. A few months back
the vet prescribed a combination antibiotic, antifungal, and steroid
drops. After a week or so it got better. But lately it seemed to come
back so I took a good look the other day and saw some blackish stuff
and what appeared to be, well, blackheads but actually bluish. Blue
bumps.

I took him to the vet yesterday and the vet noticed that there also
seems to be one in his right ear. The vet says that he has seen them
before but doesn't know what they are! He says that you can't remove
them from the ear because there is no skin to work with, to sew back
up. So it isn't easy to biopsy (I hate that word).

He said not to worry, and he was going to a vet conference the next
day (that would be today) and would discuss it with the other vets.
I'm to call on Friday to find out what is up.

I am concerned of course, as Espy is my favorite. He's the smart one
and the ringleader if there is to be trouble. He's now 10 years old
so no spring chicken any more; it's hard to believe that I've had him
so long. Well, hopefully there is nothing major going on, I suppose if
it was something bad then more would be known about it. Looking up
"blue bumps in cats ear" doesn't turn up too much.

Sending purrs that it turns out to be nothing serious.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety