Old February 18th 15, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Valentine's Day party

Will in New Haven wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On 2/14/2015 9:11 PM, cshenk wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 8:43:02 AM UTC-5, ann791
wrote:
On 2/13/2015 5:43 PM, Mosey =^..^= wrote:

Hi kitties,

We are having a Valentine's day party at our
house. It will be
outside and inside. Outside will have a building setup
with a fire pit and heaters. Lots of soft cushions and
blankets and Valentine's decorations.There is a lot of
snow piled up and we have sleds and toboggans. Don't
worry if you live where it is warm, we have extra
outside clothes. There will be ice staking on a ring Samwise
is getting ready. Lots of food and hot
drinks.

Inside we have decorated and will have more food
and drinks.

All kitties and doggies stop by and see us.

Lucy Lu

Hi Lucy Lu,
We would be happy to come to your Valentines Day
Party, yeUP It is in the 50's here in Seattle.
Is there anything we can bring?
I know, I'll bring some of my x-tra special home
grown nip and
we can all be silly billies .
How does that sound?
Love,
Mosey, PookyKat, Sqweex, and Pipps-all nip-heads yeUP

We look forward to seeing you. Nip sound good. Mommy
says I'm a
nip head.

Lucy Lu

Mosey laughs at Lucy Lu and as he and his clowdermates
arrive, Mosey puts a giant heart of REALLY good nip on
the table, for all of the nipheads to partake in. This
going to be lots of fun

Hi, Mosey, PookyKat, Sqweex, and Pipps. The nip heart
looks wonderful. I can't wait to try it. Have some nip
tea and something to eat. When you are ready we can go
sledding or ice skating. We all ready tried out the big
hill and the sleds go real fast.

Mine doggie, Samanfa, will go sledding wiff yoons. I am
stayin in da warm and drinkin tee.

Daisy-chan arrives with Cash and Iowna, and makes her
greetings then grins at the nip! Gifting the hostess with
3 lbs of lamb shoulder, cut to 1/2 inch and bone in, they
say hello to all.

Cash looks out the window and sees Samanfa sledding down the
hill and yipping her head off in glee while Iowna hears the
swishing of an ice skater. Grinning at Lucy Lu and hosts,
they trott off to go play outside.

Cash finds a big sled just his size at the bottom of the
hill and pulls it back up, jumps on, and squees like a
puppy as he flys down on it!

Meantime, Iowna sniffs her way to the ice rink and looks
for the smell of metal to find the skates. Finding them
easily she checks and there are 4 just right for her (kitty
ones let out a little). Slipping them on, she sets out.
She's softly yipping as she goes so the echos will warn her
of the edges. She makes a slow circut until she knows the
layout then starts to dance... Someone starts clapping and
turns on some music. With a grin, Iowna starts dancing to
to the music as she glides by on the ice.

Mosey and Daisy-chan grin at the antics outside.

Lucy lu straps on skates and joins Iowna on the ice. Iowna I
didn't know you could dance? May I join you.

lucy takes Iowna's paw and they dance around the skating ring.

Laughing Iowna invites Lucy to dance to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

Iowna, can you teach my brother Samwise to skate to the music?
Samwise straps on skates and confidently steps onto the ice,as he
does his feet slip out from under him. Lucy Lu leans over to tell
Iowna but she heard the thump on the ice. Putting out a paw Iowna
helps Samwise up. Watch me as I start to skate. Move your paws
slowly in the direction you want to go.

Sure Samwise! Point your paws just a little bit out but hold them
close in so they do not sprawl. Watch.

Iowna puts her paws at 45 degree angles and slowly plopps to the
ice as they slide away. Then she tried 45 degree ones inwards and
ends up in a tangle of paws and giggles on the ice.

Next she makes a small 15 degree outer point and pushes offlifting
one foot set lightly then dropping them down and lifting the other.
Smoothly she slides across the ice then adds a little butt wriggle.
Next pass, she adds a shoulder wriggle to the butt wriggle.
Squirls of 'Uptown Funky world' surround al the kittahs then Iowna
shows a special move 2 foots can't do on the ice. It takes 4 feets.

Shifting to forepaws, she starts twerking as she slides across the
ice then drops back paws back for a clean slide and with a giggle
lands by Samwise. She takes his paw and leads him out to something
more sedate while Cash comes up and sniffs for 'big boy' skates.

Finding a set and strapping them on, he turns his big brown gentle
eyes at the others and offers rides to little kittahs if they
promise to not dig in past his sweater.

Meanwhile, Samantha is frolicking in the looser snow like a porpoise
in the waves. She yips with delight, while her sisfer Squeakytoy
watches from the comfort of a warm room.

Iowna grins and dances for a bit then as it gets colder, she slows and
pulls to the side.

Carefully she doffs her skates and Cash alerts and follows his buddy as
she walks on 3 feets inside, favoring her turning paw. She;s smiling
but barely. As she manages her way inside, she heads right for the
fireplace. There is a fake fur rug in front with 3 kittahs claiming
all of it but she sniffs her way in and they make room as she plopps
down and carfully props her turning paw up on a warm kittah to it gets
some fireplace arm. With a happy sigh, she shows the cats how to take a
doggie nap. They are amused but willing to try it and shortly, there
is a furry pile that purrs and lightly snores/snuffles.

Once Iowna is settled, Cash sees the other kittahs are watching a
movie. Benji! They may be snickering at his hero but he doesnt mind!
He wriggles into the middle (making a nice warm pillow for the rest)
and watches with glee! (keeping an eye on his buddy who is warming up
nicely). Samanfa comes in from the cold too and nibbles some hamburger
then settles in to watch Benji!