Old April 14th 04, 06:48 AM
Gee

"Tim May" wrote in message
In article , Ablang
wrote:

I was wondering... How long has anyone here left their cat(s)

alone
when going on a short vacation, with everything taken care of, of course
(automatic pet feeder, plenty of water, lots of litterboxes out, etc).

I left two cats alone for 8 days.

Tim, surely you have some neighbours who could pop in and give your cats
some attention at least every couple of days, then you can return the favor
as and when they need it. 8 days is really too dangerous to leave them
alone. What if there was a gas leak, or flood, or break in, or one of them
accidently got hurt badly/something fall on them, or they run out of food or
I dunno, just simply flat runs out of Oxygen. As soon as I moved in here, I
befriended all neighbours with cats and dogs, and ever since I not only have
help in looking after them when we go away, but also have new friends as
well. It's amazing how easily cat/dog people bond.

I left two large bowls of food, three large bowls of water (in case
they somehow spilled one of them). And I left the toilet seats up...

Well, I never leave mine more then office hours alone, but still, I always
leave the tap dripping in the bath tab, so they always have fresh water to
drink. They(cats) discovered this system actually not me

Two litter boxes.

You were lucky your cats were not too fassed. My Shadow will not go in the
litter tray if there is more then 2 poos in there. She will instead show her
UNappreciation by going on to my bed!

When I got home, it was as if I had never left.

I really think you were quite lucky this time. As wonderfull as your cats
are, and as much effort you make, there are things that could happen beyond
our control. Please reconsider some basic supervision next time.

--Tim May