Old March 27th 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Personality change following neutering

I think you thought that he would be "de-masculinized" when you got him
neutered, that's why you put it off for so long. Now that you have done it,
you are looking for any little sign to prove yourself right.
Subconsciously, of course. I wouldn't worry about it, he seems like a happy
cat and will live a much longer, healthier life because of it.
--
Britta

"223rem" wrote in message
oups.com...
Apparently, my 15 month-old tom-cat Stinky has reverted to kittenhood
after castration. He plays with his sitster like he used to as a
kitten,
is much more fearful (of loud noises, people, etc), goes out much less
frequently and sleeps a lot more, and has stopped roaming at night.
The only good thing is that he no longer comes home with fighting
injuries. Still, it makes me feel very guilty.

Is Stinky's behavior change normal? Will he ever regain his confidence
and swagger?
Thanks.