Old March 26th 04, 06:56 PM
Jo Firey

It's American. Mine was Mother or Mom. And there was no lack of affection
in calling her mother. It's just a little old fashioned here.

But the other parent was always Daddy. Go figure.

Jo
"David Stevenson" wrote in message

I find it most annoying when little brats in American TV series refer
to "My Mom" or say something sick-making like "I love my Mom".

What I am curious about is the word 'Mom'. Is that what children
actually say? for that matter do they say that yucky word in England
nowadays?

If anyone wonders what my problem is then I learnt 'Mum' and 'Mummy'
and never heard this word 'Mom' until a few years ago.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome