Old November 13th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Wizard of Oz (was Food wars with casualties)

"jmcquown" wrote:

I have the wicked witches' cackle down pat! Cracks John up when I do it
(and I think it scares him a little, too!). Margaret Hamilton was later
Cora the Coffee Lady (Maxwell House). What a wonderful film!

This reminds me of a funny story. Back in the late 1970s, a friend of mine
was graduating college (Wheelock College in Boston), and my roommate and I
went to the ceremony.

It was a small group of people, and they had a procession in the beginning
that involved everyone, including the graduates, faculty, guests of honor,
and audience members. As we were walking along, my roommate pointed to a
woman standing only a few feet away and said, in a rather loud voice, "Wow,
look at her! She looks like the Wicked Witch of the West!" I was horrified
that the woman might hear her, and shushed my roommate up.

And the woman turned out to be Margaret Hamilton, receiving an honorary
degree!!

Joyce