Old November 14th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Wizard of Oz (was Food wars with casualties)

wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:

I have the wicked witches' cackle down pat! Cracks John up when I

do it (and I think it scares him a little, too!). Margaret
Hamilton was later Cora the Coffee Lady (Maxwell House). What a
wonderful film!

This reminds me of a funny story. Back in the late 1970s, a friend of
mine was graduating college (Wheelock College in Boston), and my
roommate and I went to the ceremony.

It was a small group of people, and they had a procession in the
beginning that involved everyone, including the graduates, faculty,
guests of honor, and audience members. As we were walking along, my
roommate pointed to a woman standing only a few feet away and said,
in a rather loud voice, "Wow, look at her! She looks like the Wicked
Witch of the West!" I was horrified that the woman might hear her,
and shushed my roommate up.

And the woman turned out to be Margaret Hamilton, receiving an
honorary degree!!

Joyce

That's hiliarious! What are the odds?

Jill