Old November 10th 18, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Nak

Default Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

"Tina" wrote in message ...

On 09/11/2018 02:10, Bill Nak wrote:

"Tina" wrote in message ...

I will too, now my new computer has given me accesss to Usenet again.

I think I told you all about losing Boyfriend to cancer. I wept for
weeks. I swore I'd never have another cat to break my heart like that.
But..the house was so empty. So I got two exotic shorthair girls,
litter sisters, ex-show cats, 6 years old. Their first home from the
breeder broke down due their child developing an allergy to them, they
do shed a lot. So then I got them.
They are indoor cats, which I've never had before. I thought I might be
able to let them out, but soon realised it would be a bad idea, because
the best way I can describe them is a heroine in a 50's Miss Marple
mystery, not quite of this world.
Nelli is a red lynx point, Garfie is described as red on her pedigree,
I call her a ginger tabby. They squabble quite a lot over who gets to
sit on mummy's knee.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Totally understand, Tina.

It was unbearable when I lost my Big Mooch in May 2017. His sister,
Smoochie Mew died in Sept of 2012. To this day not a day passes I don't
think about/mourn them. They were my world.

But I thought my purpose was to help cats, and within a month I found my
two boys, then 8 year old Pirate and 7 yo Eddy. Less than 6 months later
came two kittens EJ and Bebe.

It's hard with 4 cats. Costs are high. Vet bills are higher. And a lot of
work. And I remember Mooch and Smoochie every day, but I wouldn't give up
my current kitties and am so glad I happened upon them and the kittens
found me.

It's so awful when you lose them, Boyfie was my heart cat. I think
about him and miss him every day. But as I said upthread, even though I
said never again, the house was empty. Ideally I wanted only one, but
these sisters came with the proviso from the breeder that they should
never be parted, and their next owner kept to that. She didn't want to
part with them at all, but had to.

It's very kind of you to adopt 4. I will stick with 2 because, as you
said, vet's bills. I could afford to feed several, but Boyfie's vet
bill in his final illness was massive, as my girls are the same age they
might deteriorate in health together so I thought two is plenty. I
wouldn't want to put myself in a position not to be able to afford the
best healthcare for them.

We really had no intention to have 4, but the lady across the street, who
does occasional rescue work, needed someone to foster the two 7 or 8 week
old kittens while she had surgery. Of course we had room and said we'd do
it. Within a day or two they were accepted and "adopted" by the 2 older
boys, Pirate and Eddy. Long story short they never went back to Tammy's
house.

There's medical issues with Pi and Eddy and there is medical issues with the
kittens, hence high vet bills. But the kittens, now going on 16 months old
have enhanced the older boys lives so very much that there was no way to
allow them to leave.

The kittens names are EJ, the boy, which stands for Eddy Junior, as Eddy
taught him everything he knows, and EJ copied him from the start and the
girl's name is Bebe. She can be a terror, lol.

--

bill n