Old January 4th 14, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Pretty Long-Haired Kitty!

On 1/3/2014 5:52 PM, lid wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
I was sitting here in my little corner of the living room at my desk. I
glanced out the glass door. There was a big fluffy cat outside about 60
yards away. I exclaimed, "Hi cat!" It came running towards me. (All
the while I'm thinking please don't let Persia see this strange cat!)

It trotted onto the patio and I thought Oooh! I'll get a photo! The
minute I reached down to get the camera the cat ran out of sight. It
probably went between my house and Schwartzie's house.

I think it was a Maine Coon. It was a big, fluffy, very pretty cat.
Overall its fur was brownish but with dark stripes and some white
markings. Furry big paws and a HUGE fluffy tail. I did notice it wasn't
wearing a collar. I've never seen this cat before. I'm wondering if
someone's cat got out. It looked too well cared for to be one of the
ferals that reside on Dataw.

Jill

I hope he/she finds its way home.

I hope so, too, Adrian. This is the first night this winter it's
actually supposed to get cold. 31F. At least it stopped raining. And
the cat does have a lot of pretty fur.

Jill