Old June 22nd 14, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL[_2_]

Default Duffy the blind *dog* regains his sight

"Mack A. Damia" wrote in message

This is over fifteen years ago, but he looks like a delightful cat
that my mother adopted, "Dixie" - because she had originally come from
North Carolina. Mom lived in PA.

My mother complained because Dixie was not affectionate and would not
come up on her lap. I live in Baja, Mexico, and I visited for a week
or two circa 2002.

One evening as I was sitting in the big Lazy Boy recliner, I began to
sing a silly song based on the Stylistics - "You are Everything".

"Today I saw somebody
Who looked just like you,
She meowed like you do,
I thought it was you......."

Dixie looked at me, jumped up on my lap and began purring and loving
me.

Mom was so jealous, and I really was annoyed when later on, my mom
gave her away. I was over 3,000 miles away. I think about Dixie,
because the song goes through my head a lot.

I have my two sweethearts, both females, Pookie and Bubba.

Pookie appereared in my "closed-in porch" one morning. Somebody had
abandoned a box of kittens in our community, and to this day, I do not
know how she got into my porch. Bubba is a "Valley Girl" - comes from
Valle de Guadalupe about fifteen miles away. Given to as a kitten by
my personal assistant after I decided that Pookie needed a playmate.

Here is Bubba when she was a kitten looking a little disheveled, but
she is a beautiful cat. I brush her several times a day. I keep them
both indoors.

http://dc263.4shared.com/img/0dIR9wl...68344368784775

~~~~~~~
Oh, what an unusual cat. She is beautiful!

MaryL