Old July 20th 04, 05:43 PM
Mary

"Dave Lister" wrote:

Of course it is legal, and yes it is ethical.

It's illegal where the OP is--in the UK. I don't know about ethical, that's
a subjective call, but I had it done to my cat before I realized what it was
and it turned out to be a really stupid move. (I guess I just thought they
removed *only the claws.* I had no idea they cut off the toe bone and
deformed the cat's feet.)

Why was it stupid? She got really mean, turned into a biter, and never again
covered her waste in the cat box. It would be doubly stupid for anyone to
declaw an outdoor tom. Might just as well kill him, as he'll wind up dead or
worse.