Old September 21st 12, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default OT the Senior Citizens Playgroup

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 23:46:31 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 01:57:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

So I thought I should get out more so I went along to it. We play
scrabble
and dominoes and can do jigsaws if we want to, some are doing a 1000 piece
which will take them weeks as we only have two hours.
They are all nice. I was demolished at dominoes last week by a 90 yo.
I am by far the youngest there We pay £1 a week and get a meal out in the
summer and at Christmas.
I did a jigsaw last time and completed it, next week it will be playing
scrabble with them.

I never thought I would be reduced to this.

I can't wait to be retired. I like my job but would rather not have
one. I think I can almost afford to retire if I don't spend too much.
And I'd have more time to spend with the kitties! My plan is about 3
1/2 more years of work. I hope it works out.

I spent a week in July with my brothers, mother, and assorted kids and
cousins. We did various games, and yes, a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.
We'd just walk by, stop for a second, put in a few more pieces, and it
was fun working with the kids and teaching them how to recognize
pieces. I wish we could spend more time together but everyone lives in
different cities so one week a year is pretty much it for a big
gathering.

But I hate having to leave the cats.

I have never regretted leaving my job, even though money is tight until my
pension kicks in July 2013.
How nice it is to ignore the alarm clock. I get up when I wake up and it's
not 6.30 am like it was.
Boyfie has adjusted to 9 a.m before he starts moaning about starvation.

Really. Nipsy wakes me up at 5am no matter what. I have no idea how to
train him to let me sleep.