Old September 21st 12, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default OT the Senior Citizens Playgroup

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:38:07 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Cheryl wrote:

Well, the folks conducting some senior activities DO treat the group's
members like children - especially if they use a cane or walker, or are
otherwise physically handicapped. I remember visiting my 90 year-old
mother in Minnesota, one year, and driving her to an appointment with a
new dentist. Mom was managing very well living on her own in a six-room
house, and I lived in another state, but the dentist's nurse kept asking
ME "does she?" and "can she?" questions as though she weren't able to
answer for herself. (It's not surprising Mom got a bit annoyed at that!)

My mom mentioned that type of thing a few months back. One of my
brothers was with her and she was feeling sick so they went to the
doctor. The doctor kept talking to my brother, and my mother just
about exploded at some point. The assumption seems to be that they
don't have many marbles left. That is, of course, true in many cases
but not with my mother. Physically she is getting older but that brain
doesn't slow down.

That was my Mom, too - my sister-in-law went to HER for investment advice!