Old June 25th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Do cats get strep throat?

Victor Martinez wrote:

I've been running a fever since Saturday, and when I went to the doctor
she said it was probably strep throat. I got antibiotics and told to
take it easy and drink lots of fluids. I'm staying at home today because
I had a terrible night and I'm pretty sure I'm contagious. Question. Can
I give the cats an infection? Should I avoid snuggling with them?

Wow, strep is serious! Even with antibiotics, it takes a little while
to get rid of it. Your doctor's right - definitely take it easy!

You can't give strep to your kitties, though. There are very few diseases
that are mutual to humans and cats. Strep isn't one of them.

Tom, on the other hand, should be careful. You are certainly contagious
to him!

Joyce