Old June 26th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Do cats get strep throat?

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
I've had numerous of those (worked in hospitals for 15 years) and I always
found that the best deal is a shot of penicillin in the butt. Within hours I
felt relief. Things have changed somewhat I suppose, but even the last time I

That's what I grew up with! But I've never heard of such a thing being
prescribed in the US. I can even shoot myself, I've had to do it before.

was suspicious that I had it, the doc gave me that five-day antibiotic
(Zithromax?) and told me to take it right away. I'm glad I did... by the next
morning it felt better. Not as fast as the shot in the butt (and not as much
fun :-) but nearly as fast.

Yes, I was hoping for a Z-pack (as they call them), but I got good old
amoxilin. Just as good, I figure my cheap ass insurance probably doesn't
cover "brand name" meds.

As for human contact: FIE! GET THEE HENCE! ;-)

In the more than 10 years we've been together, I have yet to see Tom get
sick of this kind of ailment. Seriously, the guy doesn't even get colds!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he