Old July 2nd 04, 12:08 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Mike at
wrote on 7/2/04 12:40AM:

My 10 year old cat has been having problems with vomiting up bile for
a long time now. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to his vomiting
but it seems like that's all he does. He doesn't have any loss of
appetite and in fact, he's always hungry. The vet instructed me to
give him 5 mg of Pepcid AC once a day for two weeks and then bring him
in to see if that's helped.

What I'd like to know is, what do veterinarians usually do for cats
that vomit? What tests do they usually order? There are so many tests
he's probably going to have to have and I just want to make sure he
gets all the right ones and without emptying my wallet. It's always
helpful to me to find out what other's have been through so I have a
good idea what my cat and I will have to go through. I think he has
liver disease (according to his las blood test) and after doing
research I'm getting a little worried. Though, the fact that he has a
good appetite makes me a little less worried. It's when they stop
eating that really makes me nervous.

Vomiting is very hard to diagnose a cause and sometimes in the end it can't
be found. I would want to check for thyroid, diabetes and possibly IBD but I
imagine just about anything might cause it. Hope you do get a diagnosis and
kitty is OK.