Old July 11th 12, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(PeteCresswell)

Default My cat won't stop begging for food

Per Dom:
Can you suggest any brands? I use only fancy feast, but for him I get
Gravy Lovers Fancy Feast, since he licks the gravy.

We use Fancy Feast too.

But my take is that it's a cat-by-cat thing and, in your place, I
would buy a can of this, a can of that, a bag of this, a bag of
that (i.e. wet and dry) and see what goes down and what does not.

Also, internationally-acclaimed animal behaviorist that I am (NOT
!!!!) I was thinking maybe the food craving thing could actually
attention craving.

I bought a cat brush a few years ago: wire bristles on one side,
plastic on the other.

In the beginning, I'd lose blood if I even tried to brush it.

Gradually, it has become habituated to brushing and my technique
has been modified as I perceive improvement for the cat.

We are now to the point that when I'm in the rec room trying to
get work done on the PC, the cat is continually bugging me (loud,
plaintive meows) to brush it and it seems to *really* enjoy the
process.

If I had saved all the hair I've combed out of this thing, I
could probably find some back-to-basics type that spins their own
yarn and have a cat-hair sweater made.... -)

3-4 sessions, and it backs off... but I have to wonder if
attention isn't at the root of it all and maybe chasing a laser
pointer would be just as effective.
--
Pete Cresswell