Old January 20th 05, 05:40 AM
GAUBSTER2

From: "Cat Protector"
Date: 1/19/05 7:01 AM Pacific Standard Time

My 3 cats are just fine with the store bought brands and don't seem to like
what some here would call the Premium Brands. I think a lot of what the cat
will eat depends on the cat. Some cats do very well on what some here call
the lower quality foods while others do fine on the more premium type foods.
I have tried a couple of times to switch to the higher end foods and my cats
won't eat it. I feed my cats Special Kitty from Walmart and they are doing
just fine.

Interesting. What most people don't realize is that as long as they feed their
cats copious amounts of salt, then the cats will never "eat" the better premium
brands. And what do you mean by "they are doing just fine"? Have you had
bloodwork done on them? What are the BUN levels? What is the phosphorus
content (or the sodium content for that matter) of "special kitty from
walmart"? How about the urinary pH output of that food? Basically, what's
going on INSIDE the cat(s)? This isn't an indictment, just a few questions
that one should ask themselves.