Old December 3rd 10, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default "Inky" RB

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Unfortunately, we were too late getting "Inky" to the vet. Ben did all he
could - got a heating pad to warm her and managed to get some formula down
her. He was petting her and she would "mew" every time he stopped so he
sat there petting her and she just took a few big breaths and then quit
breathing. I'm grateful that she didn't have to die alone, but,
naturally, Ben is devastated by this. The poor little lost one is now
truly lost, but she won't be ungrieved or forgotten. Ben is going to
leave her for a little while so he can mourn for her, then later dig a
grave for her in our backyard alongside Percy and Bandit and Hunter (and
get a small headstone for her later). I imagine Percy and Bandit and
Hunter will be at the 'Bridge waiting to show her the ropes - at least I
can dream it's so.

Purrs for her little lost soul and Ben's peace of mind would be greatly
appreciated. This is turning out to be a really hard Christmas for both
of us - and Ben doesn't even have the "release" of a group like this who
understand. The sports groups he usually hangs out in would not know how
much this has devastated him.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

I wouldn't say she is lost now. I'd say she's safe, as she was for the last
few hours of her life.

Joy