Old November 26th 04, 02:45 AM
jmcquown

Enfilade wrote:
I'm a relative newcomer here so....dare I ask...how old are the folks
on here, for those who want to share? Be as specific or general as
you please....

...and...how old do you think I am...

--Fil

Fil,

I suspect from reading your posts you are younger than I am. I consider
myself middle-aged at 44, although Magic Mood Jeep insists I'm not Well,
I suppose if I expect to live to be 100 I'm not middle aged. But then
again, I never expected to live to see 40, either.

My sweet cat Persia is around 5, maybe 6. Persia is all grey. But I
noticed tonight when the light hit her paws just right (she was on her back
asking for belly rubs! the underside of her front paws are going white. She
has a few white hairs on her belly and white on the underside of her back
paws.)

The vet could only guess her age based on her teeth when she demanded to be
let in my apartment. He thought perhaps 2 years, maybe 3. Might be older.
I don't really know.

I 'celebrate' her coming to me on January 6th of each year since 2001. At
that time, she appeared on my back patio at the door, yowling. Long story
short, it was very cold and I let her in. I did try to find her slaves but
to no avail. She was very cautious that first night. She checked out the
apartment thoroughly. I had gone and bought cat food and bowls and a litter
box and litter. I went to bed wondering what the heck would happen. Next
thing I knew, the cat (not named Persia for three days afterwards) jumped up
on the bed with me and snoozed on the pillow above my head.

So, I'm middle aged (IMHO) but Persia's age is really unknown. And since I
don't know how long I'll live, it's really up in the air for me, too

Jill