Old July 26th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Default 16 Year Old Cat

"Matthew" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 26, 2:51 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Well, he has been given cat milk since he was a baby and for the last
16 years he has had it every morning. I did not give him any today.
We also give him aspirin for his bones, per our vet. I noticed that
when we gave him the aspirin, he would get sick. I stopped giving him
the aspirin and he seems to be keeping his food down much better,
thank God! Other then grass, is there anything else that would help
his tummy fel better? and is there anything else I could give him
other then aspirin for his arthritis?

Aspirin is deadl for cats, are you crazy? Turn off your computer and
Take your cat to the vet.

But the Vet is the one that told us to give it to him!

Ok my other post has not show up yet but what type of aspirin are you
giving him is it aspirin or Acetaminophen ( Tylenol)
Why does the vet have him on it what dosage are you giving him and when

--------
Aspirin is not deadly for cats but I think the problem arises because of the
risk of overdose. A safe dose of aspirin for a cat is 81 mg (aka low-dose
aspirin or baby aspirin) twice a week. Tylenol and ibuprofen (Motrin) are
not types of aspirin, but completely different medications and should not be
given to cats at all.
Best regards,
---Cindy