Old June 3rd 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Is it ok to feed my cat olive oil?

"bobblespin" wrote

I don't know about olive oil, but I'm concerned about your tuna juice. If
it's canned tuna for humans you are referring to, there is a problem with
the amount of salt in our food not being good for cats. It might be wise

Correct and he should check to see if it has salt added. Some do as part of
the preservative process in canning.

check with your vet. If it's juice from cooking the fish itself and it's
cooked without salt, by all means continue to treat kitty with the juice.

Absolutely!

I've heard you can use most standard 'lite' cooking oils but have never
tried other than olive as that's what I keep in my kitchen. LOL, sorry but
we are a mix and match of medical issues here, me with high cholestrol, Don
with sodium restrictions. As a result Don and I make many of our foods from
scratch. Easy to come up with nibblits for the pets (2, rescue dog and
rescue cat).

Found out Daisy-cat is very fond of small slivers of cooked pork loin. We
made an extra last time but Don had to go out so it sat in the fridge and
got a little dried. We are slivering it up for them for treats. I dip her's
in porkfat rendered last time I made a pork shoulder.