Old April 4th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Experiences with Xylitol (sugar substitute)?

On 2006-04-04, badwilson penned:

I don't know anything about Xylitol except that it's in gum and
mints you can get over here in Asia. I've never had a problem with
it in that respect. But have you tried Stevia? It's also a natural
sweetener made from a herb. It is much sweeter than any of the
other sweeteners and you only need to use a tiny bit. Not sure if
you can bake with it though. -- Britta

I haven't tried it. I'm not totally on board with something "much
sweeter" than other sweeteners, since things like Splenda are already
intolerably sweet for me. Or what were those little pills? Yech!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully