Old July 15th 16, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Cat gets on the counter top

Zob wrote:

John Doe wrote:
Rock Master wrote:

What should i do to keep the cat off the counter top i caught her
laying on it many times i make her get down but when i leave the
kitchen she will get back on the counter top again

Simple and very effective solution. Upside down packaging tape. Then
you get to play her rescuer... "Awww, let me help remove that awful
packaging tape!"

Great idea! I'm going to put upside-down packaging tape on my
counters, my dining room table, my refrigerator, my desk, my
bookcases, my... ;-D

Thanks. They do need things to climb on. Mine have a "Skyway" that
includes several 1x4s. The crosswise boards don't need a covering in my
experience.

An easy way to make a ramp is to use 1/4 inch thick recycled car tire
rubber cut in a strip and then hot melt glued to a 1x4. They have been
using those since Mar 2015 and even though the rubber has been roughened
on the surface it has yet to shed anything on the carpet below.

The easiest effort would be to stick the rubber on a 1 x 4 or maybe a 2
x 4 (since heavier wood would be more stable when not tacked down) and
lean it against the corner of a room. Even without a platform at the
top, eventually they might start using it when they play. Likely they
will use it for claw/leg exercise (like a scratch post). The recycled
car tire rubber mat works very well for climbing.