Old February 6th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail Futoran

Default Cleaning Used Cat Tower

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
BTW, just so everyone knows, the cat tower is outside during the
cleaning and disinfection process. I decided I might hold off on
spraying it with the Lysol based solution but would like to find
something safe for the cats to use that is similar. After checking
the tower earlier it dried pretty well after using the mix of the
bleach and water solution which I had mixed in a water bottle in
order to spray the tower down. I have used this before to clean
carriers and it didn't harm the cats one bit. The tower should be no
different.

I'd be concerned about any lingering smell from
the Lysol. As you noted, Clorox should
disinfect anything, and that smell does dissipate
with time.

When the FeLV+ kittens were still alive, I'd
put them in the guest bath, clean & disinfect
their isolation room, let it dry, and return
them to the room the same day. There was
never a lingering Clorox smell once it
dried thoroughly.

Gail F.