Old November 4th 03, 07:13 PM
Mary

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
From: "Mary"

Hi Mary,
Sorry to hear Cheeky has asthma. My little Meesha has it too. In

my
particular case, we see a hollistic vet, and we switched her to a

homemade raw
diet, as well as using natural remedies, which has been greatly

beneficial.

I have never heard of holistic vets, I'll have to check that out
around here.

Asthma and granulomas can indicate a weak immune system, and there

are things a
person can do with the help of a vet to strengthen it. It can also

be the
result of over vaccination.

I was just hinking about the fact that our cats are indoor only, so
why do they need all those shots? Cheeks got a fatty mass around her
vax site once, too.

There is also a plant based natural cortisone that
a vet can prescribe. I'm not sure if you live in the US or not, but

there is a
state by state listing of holistic vets at
www.altvetmed.com. You
might also
want to check out the book that Cheryl posted about regarding

animals and
allergies. Best of luck and healing purrs to Cheeky

Lauren

Super, Lauren, thank you. You are always so helpful. I'll come back
and share what I learn about boosting cats' immune systems.

________