Old November 5th 03, 12:28 AM
PawsForThought

From: "Cheryl"

PawsForThought composed with style:

Asthma and granulomas can indicate a weak
immune system, and there are things a person can do with the help
of a vet to strengthen it.

I could be totally wrong here but I believe allergies are more the
result of an over active immune system. I think this is why steroids
help a lot of the time because it suppresses the immune system.
Something about too many white blood cells attacking what the body
considers foreign, right or wrong.

You are absolutely right, and if I am understanding it right, the immune system
has to be comprised to begin with, then it overreacts. According to Don
Hamilton, DVM, "Allergies are caused by the allergen - they are an internal
problem first. The immune system becomes overreactive and then develops an
allergy to whatever potential allergens are around...The immune system must be
compromised first, and this is often caused by other stressors like vaccines,
toxins, and poor foods."

Lauren
________
See my cats: