Old February 24th 04, 01:57 PM
Wendy

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Sherry " wrote in message
Do you have children?

What difference does that make?

I was wondering the same thing, Sherry. It looks like we have another
"philosopher" whose gonna "enlighten" all us "novices" ...

I just can't wait to hear her convoluted analogy! Its probaby as ridiculous
as the pro-declawers' analogy of declawing and the choice of abortion...

Phil.

Actually the realtionship between declawing and abortion isn't that far off
on certain levels.

You have people who in their heart of hearts think abortion is murder. If
someone has witnessed an abortion they could probably relate all sorts of
brutal, gory, heart wrenching details. You have people who in their heart of
hearts think declawing is abhorrant. They too could report brutal, gory,
heart wrenching details if they witnessed this procedure. Then you have
people who don't think about either very much and accept both procedures as
commonplace and nothing to get your panties in a wad about.

Both procedures are frequently done for convenience or because people are
too lazy to exercise alternatives. Both procedures are done by people who
see themselves as being responsible and making intelligent decisions for
themselves.

Both procedures concern life, death and quality of life. Maybe that is why
people get so passionate about discussing either.