Old July 23rd 05, 08:30 PM
Exocat

"CatNipped" wrote
OE only lets you download 1,000 posts at a time, so if I haven't been
on the
group for a week or so I can't get all the posts.

BUT, having received the no. you specified (it only lets you choose up
to 1,000) you can
then go to "Tools" and click the "Get Next xxxx Messages" item on the
menu, and so on
until you've completely caught up.

I think Tweed's problem, quite a common one IME, is that her ISP's NG
provider just
isn't picking up all the available messages even though it can tell
they're there.

The solution? Use an ISP whose NG service is provided by GigaNews: it
never seems
to miss a one (unfortunately in some case, IYSWIM). I'm with Pipex and
they're splendid:
not the cheapest but possibly the best value for money.

Purrs (and watch that cycling now or we'll all be very cross)

Gordon & the TT (FF soon)