Old March 22nd 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I'm a bit worried, too (OT)

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Those of you who have been posting here for some time will remember the
major surgery I had to have last year.

I have a similar incision and a similar hernia from surgery five years
ago. I look a little strange in a knit top because the lump/bulge it
forms is off center. But my doctor is unconcerned and uninterested in me
having it repaired. So I just try to ignore it.

Doesn't it cause you some discomfort, though? Mine does, although yours
sounds to be larger.
Were you offered the option of a repair? It's all very well for your
doctor to be unconcerned, it's not him/her that's got it, is it?

Tweed

I have some discomfort, but most of that I think is from adhesions from the
surgery. Considering the surgery itself nearly killed me, and the very long
time it took for the incision to heal, I'm in no mood to fix anything that
doesn't absolutely have to be fixed. I have four or five other very small
incision hernia's as well but they cause no trouble at all.

Given that I now look like I have four navels, I don't much worry about how
the rest looks. I'm just glad none of the scars are red anymore. Just pale
lines and dots.

My sister-in-law did just have surgery to repair an incision hernia from
abdominal surgery she had about five years ago. No problems at all.

Jo

Jo