Old February 13th 04, 05:54 AM
LOL

wrote in message ...
LOL wrote:

Oh, he sounds adorable. I have a soft spot for short-legged, stocky cats -
Roxy is one of those. And green eyes in a broad face - he must be a beauty!

But doesn't it feel nice to pet him? Roxy is somewhat chubby - I wouldn't
call her a fat cat, but she's definitely not skinny either. She's very
substantial, and it's not all muscle. I love holding her, the layer of fat
feels very soft and cuddly. Of course, Tiger's not a very cuddly cat, so
you don't get to appreciate that. YET!

(snipped here and there)

Joyce

Thanks, Joyce! I told Oz he has an admirer. He is a cutie pie, but
part of his goofy aspect is that he's usually *filthy*. When I pet
him my hands come away black. I swear, he's the most incompetent
groomer I've ever seen. We bought some of those pet wipes I read
about on the ng, and have been using them to good effect, though Ozzy
doesn't appreciate it. Oz seems a lot like a teenage boy who's come
back as a cat. ;-)

And you're right, it is easier to pet a stocky sort of cat. Mike is
long and lean and has very little body fat, and feeling those delicate
little bones under the skin makes him *seem* awfully fragile
sometimes, though I know he's actually pretty sturdy. Tiger is a joy
to pet; he rubs his little face slooowly and luxuriously against my
hand, purring and closing his eyes in bliss. Tiger had a first today
- he had come nosing into the office in his tentative way, and came
over to my desk and curled up on my foot! It didn't last long at all,
but still I was thrilled. He'll be a lap fungus yet.

------
Krista