Old July 22nd 14, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

Default One paw withdrawn

"The Doctor" wrote in message
Yesterday out tabby Boots looks as if he hurt his front left paw.

He was cranky that he decided to hid in our yard.

I thought keeping him in would be a better option than
letting him stay out.

We got him back in and off to the vet it was.

The vet was nice (X-rays at C$190 that is high).

X-rays not done yet and we got inflammatories.

The vet was cautious to put her hand on his tender spot.

Today he still wants to go out, but I think he should stay in.

Your thoughts on how to encourage Boots to stay in and heel himself.

I don't think you *can* encourage an indoor/outdoor cat to stay in of their
own volition. I had this problem with Boyfriend when he got his intestines
reinserted. I had to keep him a prisoner and he purely hated it.
I suspect you'll have to do this too. Give him a week inside and see if he
improves, if not, it's back to the vet.