Old October 16th 04, 05:27 PM
CatNipped

"Kajikit" wrote in message
Or did they choose you? Stories please!

(no I'm not just a voyeur... in three weeks we'll be getting our own
kitties and I'm getting nervous - I've never ever had a cat of my own
in my entire life! What if they decide they don't like me?)

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Here kitty kitty kitty... visit http://www.catslaves.org!

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap:

Bandit, when she was 6 weeks old, ran in my front door one day as I was
going outside to put out food for all the strays in my neighborhood. I
picked her up to bring her outside to the food dish, but as soon as I put
her down she ran back inside, sat in the middle of the living room floor and
said, "You, this house, and everything in it now belongs to me and you will
be my faithful slave for the rest of my life!" Well, we were, it was, and
we always have been. She's

When she was 5 weeks old Demi rode to my DH's work in the engine compartment
of a coworker's pickup truck. DH saw her drop down from there and run into
the nearest bushes. He caught her, put her in a box, brought her home that
evening and she's been hiding from that scary truck ever since. She's been
with us for 6 years now.

Jessie was originally owned my son (with her sister Taffy who still owns my
son), but he was young and broke and really couldn't afford to take care of
them both, so she found wealthier slaves when she was about 6 months old.
She's been with us for 5 years now.

When we were at our cabin on Lake Conroe we saw a feral mother cat with
kittens. I caught one little orange stripey one, but he was too young to be
separated from his mom. After I put him back the mom moved them and we
didn't see them again before we left for home. This gave me a serious case
of kitten fever, so after we got home we went to the rescue group at the
local PetsMart to find a kitten. As I was walking past one of the cages a
gorgeous silver tipped Persian reached out to snag my hand with one of his
paws when he then drew close to the cage and started licking - 'nuff said.
Percy (RB) was *NOT* at kitten, he was well over 10 years old. However, he
was a breeder's stud who had been kept caged his entire life. When we first
brought him home he could barely walk. With patience and love we finally
got him to where he could run around batting his jingle balls with the best
of them. However, the life he lead had taken its toll on him and he only
lived with us for about 9 months before succumbing to kidney failure.

We had no intention of getting another cat after that. In fact, when a
kitten was turned in at the front of WalMart (having almost been run over by
the person who turned him in) just as we were leaving the store, the most we
were willing to do was bring him to the above-mentioned rescue group and pay
for him to be spayed and vaccinated and then adopted out (having a male in
the house, Percy (RB), had turned out to have caused *LOTS* of tension).
While we were there a woman and her daughter came in with 6 week old kittens
and said that a stray cat had birthed kittens in their closet and they
couldn't keep them. I was struck by how much one of the kittens looked like
Bandit and walked over to have a closer look. Bad move!! Sammy reached out
and snagged my heart so fast it left my head spinning... the rest is
history!

Hugs,

CatNipped