Old September 17th 03, 06:30 PM
PawsForThought

From: "Rachel"

Hi, I've bought my cat some cat grass, it's about 3in high now and I think
ready for him to eat. Do I leave it on the plant for him to munch or should
I cut it off? Do I need to "mow" it and how long should the plant last?

It is definitely ready for your cat to eat. Just leave it in the dirt and let
kitty munch. I buy pet grass when it is just starting to sprout, maybe about 1
inch tall (at Whole Foods Market). It grows very, very quickly. Once it gets
to about 5 inches, I find that it gets kinda moldy so I just toss it.
Sometimes I do cut it back. I usually buy it once a week. You can sprout your
own too.

He's already helping himself to it and he seems to be enjoying it. What does
it do for him, will it make him vomit?

My cats have been getting pet grass since they were kittens and only one of
them has ever thrown up, maybe once or twice. Wheat grass (pet grass) has some
B vitamins and may help with digestion.

HTH,
Lauren
________