Old August 10th 03, 05:04 AM
bassett

So now we've had an in-depth report on what's on the supermarket shelves
with regard
to cat food.
Now not only do we know how to treat out Pussy [last week we had an
in-depth report on Pussy washing] but now we also know how to feed, said
Pussy.
We are so lucky in this news group..
Bored bassett

Troy wrote in message .google.com...
Vicki Whyte wrote in message

.131...
Whilst licking their paws in aus.pets on 08 Aug 2003, Troy purred:

If you look carefully at my original post, I said that the Vet brands

are
*usually* used for special diets - not always.

Yes, I'm sorry I did misinterpret what you were saying - I thought you
were suggesting that supermarket varieties were as good (from a health
point of view).

Also, extra expense does not always equate with extra quality.

No, not always but generally.

Yes, I wasn't too clear in my post. I meant to go on to say that I
find the best range and choice in Sydney are the "PetBarns" or "Pet
Warehouse" chains that are large enough to carry a good variety, much
larger than my local supermarkets, and they also stock different
fresh pet meats; not so practical for our Singaporean friend - not
sure what Singaporean customs would think!

At the end of the day all commercial cat food is over-processed and
contains very poor protein - compared with a cats natural diet. I have
stopped buying pet food and have started to make my own. This was
inspired by the recent diagnosis of chronic renal failure in one of my
cats. I decided to take him completely off processed foods and have
adopted a more natural approach to feeding him. Not as convenient as
buying cat food but hopefully it will help his condition.

Troy.