Old November 20th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats
I dont know

Default I lose cats but it is birds that need protection

eleaticus wrote:
I have two major reasons to keep my furries indoors (besides not being
situated where I can build an outdoor run for them):

A. To keep them safe from dogs, cars, ticks, fleas, Republicans.

And you don't think Democrats pose a problem?

I'd be willing to bet it was either a Democrat voter or a non-voter who
shot my cat before I rescued her from the street.

Or perhaps you think it's perfectly fine if a Democrat kills a cat.

B. To keep feathered and furred critters safe from them. it just isn't
fair to subsidize fuzzy murder.

Cats that kill birds are not murderers. It's a natural consequence of
how nature works.

Do you watch nature shows on TV and decry the predation which naturally
happens? That includes everything from wasps laying their eggs in moth
larvae to lions killing antelope.

The largest senseless slaughter of any animal I ever saw came as a
result of an orange grove being leveled. It took the bulldozers 2 days
to do it and the day it happened, I saw dozens of birds deadon the road
next to it. They simply had nowhere to run and were hit by cars.

Of course, the irony was that those birds would never have had that
habitat if it weren't for the fact that people developed that land into
orange groves in the first place.

http://www.abcbirds.org/cats/states/florida_managed.htm

--
eleaticus