Old November 20th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats
eleaticus

Default I lose cats but it is birds that need protection

"I dont know" wrote in message
. ..
eleaticus wrote:

A. To keep them safe from dogs, cars, ticks, fleas, Republicans.

And you don't think Democrats pose a problem?

Per admonition I decline to make a reference to kyoto, or any other relevant
matter!

B. To keep feathered and furred critters safe from them. it just isn't
fair to subsidize fuzzy murder.

Cats that kill birds are not murderers. It's a natural consequence of
how nature works.

When we subsidize the carnivore it is murder.

The largest senseless slaughter of any animal I ever saw came as a
result of an orange grove being leveled. It took the bulldozers 2 days
to do it and the day it happened, I saw dozens of birds deadon the road
next to it. They simply had nowhere to run and were hit by cars.

Of course, the irony was that those birds would never have had that
habitat if it weren't for the fact that people developed that land into
orange groves in the first place.

What was the acreage before it became an orange grove?

A parking lot?

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus