Old November 13th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Julie Porter

Default Vetenarian 'killer'

"eleaticus" wrote in message
. ..
"unclefred" wrote in message

Generally we go to the Vet's in a cat carrier. How the vet

deals
with us
is his/her problem. That's what they're paid fur. We neffer has

enny big
issues as our vets are friendly and only a little rude. Fred tries

find
vets that do *not* declaw.

Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous vets. When Sadie came down

suddenly
with eyes running (clear) I hauled her off to a vet open all night

some 40
miles away. They took her to the back in her travelling cage, and

came back
rather quickly.

I marvelled at not hearing her snarl and 'roar' and the gal just gave

me a
Mona Lisa, 60-70 bucks of meds, and a $90 fee for the visit. The meds

were
for infections.

The eye problem eventually went away. But returned and I took Sadie

off to
a very unlucky vet who had a squeeze net and the good sense to

conclude the
problem was allergic reaction and all I needed was some children's

Benadryl.

The $@*&()*&! at the overnight vet hadn't even gotten a look at Sadie

except
through the bars of the cage, and stuck me with a wild guess' worth of

meds
instead of something (well-)diagnosed.

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus

Well, that's the thing. You want your cat to have the best treatment
possible. If I go on a Saturday, for example, the best-trained people at
my vet's office might not be working that day, and they might have
trouble giving Bear an injection he needs. I don't want to just step
back and say, not my problem. I want whatever apparatus it takes for my
cat to get all the treatment he needs. My problem isn't that they charge
me for things that they don't do -- but the fact that there just ARE
things they can't do. Before the squeeze cage, there were many, many
occasions when there was blood slung on all the walls of the room --
sometimes mine, sometime's the vet's. The cage means that they don't
give up in order to keep workers from being injured.

Julie