Old November 14th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Julie Porter

Default Vetenarian 'killer'

"eleaticus" wrote in message
. ..
"Julie Porter" wrote in message
nk.net...

My 15-year old, Sadie Bugbane, was abused on her first trip

the
vet, and
since then it is almost worth the vet's life to take her in

the
doc.

She is small and the squeeze net is ineffective and a vet

and
helpers are
sure to get slashed if they really try to do their job.

I had one small cat who was normally very sweet and gentle,

but
who
became very aggressive if she had to be pilled. I found that a

cat
bag
worked really well for her. I also have one who is terrified

of
strangers
and a trip to the vet is her idea of h*ll. While she doesn't

become
aggressive she does much better in a cat bag with me holding

her.

There may be others out there, but this is the one I use:

http://www.cat-in-the-bag.com/

Karen R.

I toar wone of dose up wonce.

Bear

Thanks, Karen, for that link.

And thanks, Bear, for responding to it. it didn't show up on my

system.

I might end up getting one or two for travel but for taking Sadie

Bugbane to
the vet it would be like shredding money. The material would have

be
heavy duty denim or canvas to be of any real help.

Hmm. If I could get her - with a broken leg, say - into the bag

it
would be
easier to actually wrap her securely.

But then, getting the anesthesia delivered would still be a

problem/

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus

Exactly -- it's one thing to think of a way to get them to the vet,

and
still another to figure out how the vet is going to handle them once

you
get them there. I thought that if Bear went into the bag to

transport
him, then you still wouldn't be able to handle him once you got him
there, or examine or inject him. He's very, very aggressive once he

gets
there. We've been experimenting lately with the squeeze net, and the

vet
likes using it, but I think I like the squeeze cage better. Maybe.

It's
ALL stressful!

If Bear is big enough the squeeze net will work a lot better on him

than on
Sadie. She is small and had no problem reversing direction in it,

even when
the frightened aide didn't almost let go entirely.

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus

I like the net OK, but this past week, an inexperienced vet tech caught
him in it with the frame right on his neck, and if she had jerked him he
could have died. Scared me to death.

Julie