Old March 9th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

Default Do other cats know a cat is dying?

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"Buddy's Mom" wrote in message
My vet has told me that they do know when another kitty in the
household is ill. Usually they will not be kind to the sick kitty -
survival of the pack - they try to run off the sick one. Sometimes by
not letting the sick one have food, etc.

Cats are not pack animals.

I think my cats would be lost without each other. They do so many things
together you'd think they were littermates. But some days they're off
playing by themselves and taking naps in different rooms. I wouldn't call
them pack animals but they sure do enjoy the company of their own kind
when kept as pets.
--

Dogs are pack animals. I have never heard of cats being referred to as
such. They are solitary loners for the most part with lions being an

Paul