Old July 4th 12, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia's off her Feed

Persia was rather overweight for years. The prescription kibble seems to
have helped in that regard, although it took a while. But now she doesn't
seem to want to eat it. She fusses and complains and acts like she doesn't
have any food in her bowl. Now I'm worried. She'll gobble up a can of
Fancy Feast in an instant.

With the dry food, she doesn't throw up all over the (yikes! white) carpet
like she used to. But I'm not used to seeing her back down to about 10 lbs.
And she cries for food when the bowl of kibble is full. She's drinking
water, pooping and peeing normally. She's just off her food and I don't
know why. They do make a canned variety which I will try if they let me buy
just a few cans

I think a trip to the vet is in order. Fortunately the vet will make house
calls, albeit it costs extra. But that may be better than her vomiting in
the carrier. I really don't need a sick cat on top of trying to sell this
house ASAP.

Persia wanders into the living room and starts crying at the top of her
lungs. Lord knows I'd do anything to make her feel better. She sleeps with
me, she snuggles next to me on the couch. We play together with her toys.
I brush her. Other than not wanting to eat that food anymore (which is
stored in an airtight bin) I don't know what it is she wants. It could
possibly be her teeth. Maybe it hurts her to eat the dry kibble? She did
have a molar pulled a few years ago, before she had to have the radioactive
isotope therapy.

I'm asking for purrs for Persia. I really can't deal with the stress at
once.

Jill