Old August 12th 14, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Fleas

On 8/11/2014 6:36 PM, Joy wrote:
On 8/11/2014 12:31 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Judith Latham wrote:

I like the idea of getting two flea collars for your ankles. I might do
this for work as we have fleas in the building. We know we have because
one of the younger members of staff, Katie, caught one and brought it to
me on her finger to ask what it was. She dropped it on my desk and I
immediately killed it. It was a flea it looked like a flea, jumped
like a
flea and crushed like a flea, it was a flea. We have suspected it for a
while as we've been getting a few bites. Now we have proof. We've
reported
it but that was three weeks ago and nothing has been done. Katie still
has
it on the piece of paper in a plastic wallet. she even emailed a copy to
the appropriate person although it just looked like a dot.

If you have fleas in the building, you probably have mice and/or rats,
as well! (I had rats in my attic, which led to "oriental rat mites" in
my clothes closets.) That was REALLY a trip - they breed much faster
than fleas, so the spray didn't really help. I ended up using flea
spray twice a day, and spraying my clothes before I put them on in the
morning.

The fleas only appeared after I brought home the shelter cat, and seem
to be confined to the room where I keep him.

Another recommendation for the bowl of water with Dawn dish detergent
and a lamp over the bowl.

Jill