Old September 24th 04, 01:27 AM
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Well, I had to go back to the hospital today for an opinion on my
recently
operated upon eye.

Well, I was hoping you would have a quicker recovery, but still, that's
good
news. We're still sending purrs that your eye will heal completely and
much
sooner than the doctors predict!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Think it will be a long job. Thanks for your purrs.
Like I said, it's not like on the films. *removes eye patch immediately
after operation* I can see, I can see!
Not like me. Nurse removes eye patch next morning. Me "why can't I see?"
Nurse "you have had a retinal haemorrhage?" And why did I have a RH?
Because I had had to fast since the day before and when I woke up I was
offered a sandwich. I was very hungry so I tried to eat it, I couldn't. My
throat was so dry (from the tube being down) that I couldn't swallow. I
chewed and chewed and the bread just wouldn't go down.
It then made me cough. I coughed and coughed and coughed and eventually I
retched (heaved) because I couldn't stop.
That was when the tremendous pain came, that was when I got the retinal
haemorrhage

I can only say that it's stupid to offer someone just out of anaesthesia a
sandwich.

I told the doctor. She said I ought to tell the ward staff that. Excuse
me, I think I might be your job now I've told you.!

Tweed