Old March 26th 04, 07:17 PM
JBHajos

I find it most annoying when little brats in American TV series refer
to "My Mom" or say something sick-making like "I love my Mom".

Oh, my!!! Most children, brats or not, call their mothers "Mom"
here. We don't think it's any worse than "Mum" which we'd never
criticize. (In fact, I think it's charming.) My 93-year-old mother
was "Mom" to us to her dying day. I am Mom to all seven of my
children, sons- and daughters-in-law, friends of the kids, and, in one
instance, the US Postal Service!! Wouldn't have it any other way!
Sorry it's offensive "over there."

Jeanne