Old January 27th 14, 09:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_3_]

Default Multiple cats, female loses appetite...

On Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:44:33 AM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:
Might have found an interesting solution to my new calico female cat

losing her appetite. She and my male were playing well for a while,

but he has been getting rough. I haven't been spending much time with

them recently, that might be one problem. The calico takes a few

bites and then walks away from the food. Really frustrating. One of

her kittens was the same way. A cat I had for a very long time lost

her appetite. Also possibly do to the presence of a male cat. To

solve this calico's problem... I feed them three or four times per

day. At that time, for a few minutes, I lie down next to her food

where she eats. Really obvious, seeing her lookup and around

periodically. She is afraid she's going to get mugged for food, or

something. And it's working, nearly 100%. She's eating much more.

Still need a day or so to be confident in the results, but it follows

the appearance of the thing being worried. I suppose it could happen

with a male cat too, if there was a big enough tomcat threatening it.

If you can find a male calico as a companion for her, you'll have most of your problem licked.